Thursday, September 8, 2011

Where I Stand #5

Well, I just finished up with another forum.  This one was put on by the Sun River Community.  I certainly appreciated it more than the one the other night.  The moderator allowed everyone to answer questions and those in attendance who had questions mostly had questions directed toward the entire candidacy.  There were fewer "bobblehead" questions, you know the type.  Where it's a question everyone is going to say the same thing and you go down the whole line everyone bobbing their heads up and down all agreeable and echoing the same sentiments.  Those questions kill me.

Overall it was a great experience and I just have to say that those Sun River people were well organized and put on a great event/forum.  One of the comments from the attendees concerned Pickle Ball.  I can see why you'd want to pickle a cucumber but can't for the life of me see why you'd want to pickle a ball:).  Thank you,  I'll be here all week, or at least till primaries on Tuesday. 

Ok, now the nitty gritty, I do take my candidacy seriously and have some concerns about our City.  Like I told those in attendance today, I may be relatively new to St. George and it is not my past, it is my Future and I want to ensure that we have the best community possible.  I think that is a key term.  Community,  I appreciate the sense of community that goes with St. George it is certainly more friendly and personable than Phoenix ever was.  It is important to maintain the sense of community while encouraging growth and economic stability for everyone here.  In order to foster community and maintain it, I believe that the council needs to be more open to the public, easy to access, willing to take every one's concerns in.  That is what I hope to bring to the council, the ability and willingness to listen.  To go the extra mile to ensure that the proper decision is made and people don't feel as if they weren't heard or even better not listened too.  Even if the decision goes against someone or they are not happy with it, at least they will know that someone really took time to listen to their side of the story.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having this site with posts about your stand on things. It's nice to #1: find information about a candidate (surprisingly difficult in our information age) and #2: get a sense of who you are, above and beyond a bio and platform. And, I really appreciate how you state your point-of-view in a civil manner. Others are really hostile (disturbing).

    ReplyDelete