Monday, September 19, 2011

Where I stood! #6

I had a busy week and went out of town over the weekend and haven't been able to update this in order to thank everybody involved in the elections. 

Sadly in the coming days you won't be able to see my marvelous signs as I lost and have to take them down.  I'm glad I ran and it was a great experience and hopefully not my last.  I would like to run again in the future and hope I will be in a position to be able to do so. 

While disappointed that I will not be able to participate in the coming election as a candidate, I take solace in the fact that I didn't come in last place and was able to hold my own against some candidates that are life-long and long-time residents of St. George.  A good showing for the guy who's only lived here 1.5 years and doesn't really know anybody.

Don't forget about me 'cause in 2 years, look out!

Thanks to all those who supported me and voted for me in the primaries, I appreciate it.

-Matt Mortenson
(former candidate for St. George City Council:(

No comments:

Post a Comment